The Sydney Writers’ Room is open to new members. Please read the application guidelines below.
Applicants can be working in any genre (currently, the resident member writers come from a diverse range of writing disciplines including film, television, novels, comics, satire, history and new media).
Applicants do not have to be established writers but must be serious about developing pathways for publication for their work.
There are currently two categories of membership on offer:
Fees: $220 per month, plus a one off moving-in fee of $100, and a returnable key deposit of $100.
Includes: Round-the-clock access to your own permanent desk and shelving and Wi-Fi.
Fees: $150 per month, plus a one off moving-in fee of $100 and returnable key deposit of $100.
Includes: Round-the-clock access to one of our “hot-desks”; your own private locker and Wi-Fi.
Preparing your application
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Seriousness of intent
- Understanding of writing as a craft/discipline
- Commitment to writing for publication (any platform)
- Quality of proposed project/s
Please include the following in your application:
- Your desired membership type (ie, permanent or hot desk)
- A 200 word statement that describes the project/s you intend developing in the Sydney Writers’ Room. Please ensure you address the above selection criteria.
- A CV including writing achievements to date.
- One professional or personal referee.
Please email your application to email@example.com – submissions are reviewed regularly.